Copyright

Everything on this blog is property of its' respective owner. Please don't copy without permission.

I'm currently working on memorizing Romans. Join me at Memverse.com.

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Leaving A Legacy

I don't mind if you've got something nice to say about me
And I enjoy an accolade like the rest
You could take my picture and hang it in a gallery
Of all who's who and so-n-so's that used to be the best
At such'n'such ... it wouldn't matter much

I won't lie, it feels alright to see your name in lights
We all need an 'Atta boy' or 'Atta girl'
But in the end I'd like to hang my hat on more besides
The temporary trappings of this world

I want to leave a legacy
How will they remember me?
Did I choose to love? Did I point to You enough
To make a mark on things?
I want to leave an offering
A child of mercy and grace who
blessed your name unapologetically
And leave that kind of legacy

I don't have to look too far or too long awhile
To make a lengthly list of all that I enjoy
It's an accumulating trinket and a treasure pile
Where moth and rust, thieves and such will soon enough destroy

Not well traveled, not well read, not well-to-do or well bred
Just want to hear instead, "Well Done" good and faithful one...

Legacy - Nichole Nordeman

_____________________________________________________

I just happened to think of this song today during Awana. We don't know when it'll be our time to go. What legacy will we leave behind? How will others remember us? Will they remember that we were on fire for God? Or will they just remember how much we partied and goofed around. We shouldn't worry about earthly things, because we won't need them after we die. Sure, some things are nice. But we shouldn't spend all of our time trying to get more.

I read a story today in school... it was "How Much Land Does A Man Need?" by Leo Tolstoy. The farmer kept buying more and more land, never satisfied with what he had. He got so consumed with getting more land, that it killed him. Literally killed him. It was ironic, because the thing that killed him was something that he didn't need in the end.

Anyway, that's beside the point. :P

Just thought I'd post this... BTW, anyone got any ideas for more things to post about?

No comments: