Copyright

Everything on this blog is property of its' respective owner. Please don't copy without permission.

I'm currently working on memorizing Romans. Join me at Memverse.com.

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

NaNo survey

1. What’s your word count?
50,066 in 25 days.

2. How long until you finish?
The first draft is done, but now I have to edit and probably add another couple thousand words in the process.

3. If you have finished, how long did it take you?
25 days to do the first draft

4. Do you have an outline?
nope

5. Do you have a plot?
I did originally, but not so much anymore.

6. How many words do you typically write a day?
1667-2200

7. What was your greatest word count in one day?
I don't know. Maybe 3000.

8. What was your least impressive word count in one day?
Zero. I took a day off once.

9. What inspired you to write?
I'm a writer... not much inspired me to write this, I just did because it was fun.

10. Does your novel have a theme song?
nope

11. Assign each of your major characters a theme song:
Umm... well, first I'd have to decide which characters are main characters, since there's a lot, and then I would have to actually think of a song. I'll do this later when my baby brother is not slapping me in the face.

12. Which character is most like you?
I have no idea

13. Which character would you most likely be friends with?
Sellion

14. Do you have any Gary-Stu’s or Mary Sue’s?
I hope not, but most likely.

15. Who is your favorite character in your novel?
Rhovanion (yes, I need to rename these characters now that I have time.

16. Have your characters ever done something completely unexpected?
Yep. Erynion didn't get as mad at Rhovanion as I thought he would, and Grisnok showed up out of nowhere.

17. Have you based any of your novel directly on personal experiences?
I have never been kidnapped, fallen in love, run away from home, got put in a prison, and I don't have a twin. So no.

18. Do you believe in plot bunnies?
Duhyeah.

19. Is there magic in your novel?
Well, the Chaidens have "magical" abilities (which isn't actually magic), but they didn't use them in this story.

20. Are any holidays celebrated in your novel?
not in the story, but in that world, yes.

21. Does anyone die?
Surprisingly, no. Well, Matamelcan did, but I couldn't help it. He was so evil and annoying. And Rainion died of old age...

22. How many cups of coffee have you consumed during your writing experience?
During, none. I have been drinking coffee because I feel like it the past week or so.

23. What is the latest have you stayed up writing?
2 AM. And enjoyed every minute of those late nights. Staying up late and writing a story... that's one of the most fun things ever! lol

24. What is the best line?
I'd have to search. There's a scene that's written pretty well, though.

25. What is the worst line?
Too many to count, I'm sure :P

26. Have you dreamt about your novel or its characters?
Dream, no. Conversations, yes. (well, not literally, but it was fun nonetheless)

27. Does your novel rely heavily on allegory?
No. The last allegory I tried to write sucked.

28. Summarize your novel in under fifteen words.
Unexpected and random. Three words :) Or I could actually say something about the plot, but those three words describe what it was like to write it :P

29. Do you love all your characters?
Mostly yes, but Matamelcan... let's just say I hated him. Then I killed him.

30. Have you done something sadistic or cruel to your characters specifically to increase your word count?
Not that I remember.

31. What was the last thing your main character ate?
Deer, I think... even though it's probably not possible to cook deer meat over a fire without any pans. *shrugs* It's the only thing I could think of at the moment :P I'm working on editing the story.

32. Describe your main character in three words.
Which one? lol... Um... idk :P

33. What would your antagonist dress up as for Halloween?
Nothing. No Halloween in their world. And they wouldn't celebrate it anyway.

34. Does anyone in your story go to a place of worship?
no

35. How many romantic relationships take place in your novel?
One

36. Are there any explosions in your novel?
No, unfortunately. Ink, I have failed you :P

37. Is there an apocalypse in your novel?
No.

38. Does your novel take place in a post-apocalyptic world?
Nope

39. Are there zombies, vampires or werewolves in your novel?
Nope.

40. Are there witches, wizards or mythological creatures/figures in your novel?
Yes.

41. Is anyone reincarnated?
No.

42. Is anyone physically ailed?
No.

43. Is anyone mentally ill?
No.

44. Does anyone have swine flu?
NO!

45. Who has pets in your novel and what are they?
Nobody has pets.

46. Are there angels, demons, or any religious references/figures in your novel?
nope.

47. How about political figures?
No.

48. Is there incessant drinking?
No.

49. Are there board games?
No.

50. Are there any dream sequences?
yes

51. Is there humor?
not really

52. Is there tragedy?
not a whole lot

53. Does anyone have a temper tantrum?
Yes *glares at Sellion*

54. How many characters end up single at the end of your novel?
Most of them

55. Is anyone in your novel adopted?
At the beginning of the story, but then she finds her real family again

56. Does anyone in your novel wear glasses?
They don't even know what glasses are.

57. Has your novel provided insight about your life?
Uh, not really.

58. Your personality?
I dunno.

59. Has your novel inspired anyone?
Nope

60. How many people have asked to read your novel?
4, I think?

61. Have you drawn any of your characters?
Yes. Horribly, but I did.

62. Has anyone drawn your characters for you?
Nope.

63. Does anyone vomit in your novel?
I don't remember... maybe once, but probably not.

64. Does anyone bleed in your novel?
Yes. Duh. Do you really think I'm going to write a story without blood? :P

65. Do any of your characters watch TV?
They don't know what a TV is either.

66. What size shoe does your main character wear?
They don't have shoe sizes, so idk. Some of them don't even wear shoes.

67. Do any of the characters in your novel use a computer?
Not in the novel, but they've broken the fourth wall and took over my blog posts a couple times.

68. How would you react if your novel was erased entirely?
Probably have to go outside to prevent myself from throwing the computer off the deck. Luckily I have it backed up on my zip drive.

69. Did you cry at killing off any of your characters?
Nope. I enjoyed ever minute of Matamelcan's death.

70. Did you cheer when killing off one of your characters?
Yes.

71. What advice would you give to a fellow writer?
Have fun! Write whenever possible. Who needs sleep anyway? ;P

72. Describe your ending in three words.
Interesting, happy, cheesy.

73. Are there any love triangles, squares, hexagons, etc.?
Love squares? Hexagons? Um... k, then, whatever... but no.

74. On a scale of 1-10 (1 being the least stressful, 10 being the most) how does your stress rank? During NaNo, only about a 1 or 2.

75. Is it worth it?
Heck yeah.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Someone has a twin.. that's cool!! ( I have a twin brother!)
I would like to read your story someday!!