Copyright

Everything on this blog is property of its' respective owner. Please don't copy without permission.

I'm currently working on memorizing Romans. Join me at Memverse.com.

Saturday, June 19, 2010

Six Flags and Fruits Basket

Seemingly random title, no? ^w^

I'm pretty excited about Monday. My youth group is going to Six Flags for the day =DD I'm debating whether or not to bring my camera... I'd like some pictures, but I don't know if I'll actually get a chance to take any.

Now for the other half of the post title...
I think I've realized why PluggedInOnline's movie reviews always seem overdone. I submitted a review for Fruits Basket (which I finished reading yesterday. Yay! lol) on CM. When I read the story, there was a few things I didn't agree with, but nothing that really screamed "You need to quit reading this". But when you actually think about and write down anything that someone might have a problem with and rate how much stuff is in the story or movie, it looks like a lot. I thought it was a pretty good story, but I might not have read it based simply on what the review said.
Maybe part of it has to do with the fact that you're taking things out of context. Take violence and blood, for example... Someone laying in a puddle of blood seems dark and unnecessary, right? *spoiler warning* Kyoko (sp?) got hit by a car, for goodness sakes. Kyo was remembering seeing it happen, wishing he had done something to stop it, instead of being selfish. *end spoiler* Doesn't seem so bad now, does it? It explains how Tohru's mother died and why Kyo feels so horrible.
I'd give an example from a movie, but I can't think of one at the moment xP
Now, violence/blood doesn't bother me. But it might bother someone else... it needs to be mentioned. Stuff that bothers me might not bother someone else. When I check a review for a movie, I make sure to check the language... I don't like listening to that. But some people can sit through two hours of non-stop swearing and not be bothered a bit.
PluggedIn's movie reviews still bug me, because they pick out every little thing. When I watch the movie I barely notice half of what they mentioned. But, I think I do understand it a bit better now.


Woohoo, this is the first post in forever where I've actually said something! xD I should do this more often.

No comments: