Copyright

Everything on this blog is property of its' respective owner. Please don't copy without permission.

I'm currently working on memorizing Romans. Join me at Memverse.com.

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Book Review -- Under the Overpass

When I saw *Under the Overpass*, I thought "Hey, this sounds interesting. I'd like to read it." After I started reading it, I found it was more than interesting. I didn't realize how much this book would show me.

We don't really think about the people we pass on the street. We don't think about how hard it must be to be homeless. Do we even see those people as human, sometimes? Even though we don't realize it, I think we sometimes forget they're just like us.

It made me think, honestly. I try to love people no matter what, but what would I do if I had a chance to do something for a homeless person? Would I help? Or would I do the same as others might... look at that person in disgust, and walk away? I say I'm a Christian, but so did others that Mike mentioned in this book. Yet some of them walked right by Mike and Sam as they sat on the streets. Sadly even a few churches turned them away.

I think this was a great book, and one everyone needs to read. We need to realize just what some people have to go through.


Thanks to WaterBrook Multnomah for the book!


120 x 60

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So true! I love realizations like this. I'm taking a course on the Holocaust and asking myself similar questions right now. It's easy, I think, to group people who are different than ourselves into the "other" - but that doesn't mean it's right.

Rae B said...

Hey! Where have you been, girl? =P

Blessings,
Rachel