Copyright

Everything on this blog is property of its' respective owner. Please don't copy without permission.

I'm currently working on memorizing Romans. Join me at Memverse.com.

Friday, September 30, 2011

Movies! =D (proof I'm always late to watch things)

Thor Poster Time for an actual post, no?

Out of the three movies I've recently watched for the first time, Thor is the only one that came out in 2011.Meh. Maybe I'm just biased against most Marvel movies --except X-men 1-3-- but I really wasn't too impressed with this one. It was... flat, for lack of a better word.

Thor seemed to have no feelings besides "Hey, let's pick fights with the Frost Giants and smash things with my hammer, because I am the Mighty Thor!" Yeah, there's a romance in there... and it's just as flat as the rest of the movie. The smashing the Bifrost Bridge is supposed to be dramatic, but who really cares that he'll never see the girl again? It's way too stereotypical for my tastes.

And Loki. I liked Loki. But I never could figure out what in the world was going on with him. I spent half the movie trying to figure out which side he was on, and although the easy answer might be that he's just on his own side, I didn't even notice that much. And then he just dies? Whatever then...
Yogi Bear Poster

One of the free preview channels we had for a couple weeks was HBO, so I got a chance to watch Yogi Bear. Unlike Thor, I had veeeeeery low expectations for this one, and also unlike Thor, this movie lived up to them. I am so glad I watched The Voyage of the Dawn Treader last time we went to the movie theater, instead of Yogi Bear.

I'm not into the conservationist stuff that this movie had the air of, and there really isn't much else to the movie. "We have to save the park!" There were also several shots that added nothing to the movie, except to waste time and show how "awesome" 3D is. Watching the movie in 2D, I was wishing they'd hurry up and get to the next scene.

The mayor was just something else. I'm not even going to go there. I said "Well that was dumb" about fifteen times, minimum. Not worth the time it took to sit and watch the thing.

A Walk to Remember Poster
Thank goodness, this last movie I watched was much better than the others.

Much. And I have a tad more hope for movies based off Nicholas Sparks novels, because A Walk To Remember is far better than The Notebook (and if you haven't seen the latter, don't bother, IMO).

Aaaaaand I really don't have a lot to say about this one, aside from the fact that even though I don't typically like chick fliks, this movie was awesome, and I freaking cried. And I'd watch it and cry again. That right there should tell you something. =P



I've also watched Alice in Wonderland and How To Train Your Dragon (both of which my siblings now like. Whoo!), but I've probably already mentioned that I love those about a hundred times each.

No comments: