Copyright

Everything on this blog is property of its' respective owner. Please don't copy without permission.

I'm currently working on memorizing Romans. Join me at Memverse.com.

Monday, October 5, 2009

Random...

Just something I wrote for school... I would have posted it sooner, but I just now got it off my zip drive.
______________________________________________________

The boy stood at the edge of the cliff. He looked at the other side, thinking about what he had learned so far. The gap was wide enough to jump, but only if he remembered what he had learned before now.
Every time he learned something new, he grew a bit bigger. He was taller and stronger now than he was when he first started. When he was very young, he didn't really have many challenges to face. He had to learn to work with others and help them. When he had learned that and grew a little more, he had started facing bigger tasks. He jumped bigger gaps, and grew stronger. He learned to let people help him.
As he grew older, the gaps grew wider. He faced deeper chasms, knowing that if he failed he would die. He remembered a time that he was especially afraid. The cliff was so high, he knew he would fall. He knew he was going to die, but no one could help him. Suddenly he saw a man standing on the other side of the chasm.
"Follow Me," the man said as he held out his hand.
"But I'm afraid. I can't jump this. I can't." A tear rolled down his face and he fell to his knees. Why was this man asking him to do something so hard? He couldn't do it.
"Stand up."
"I can't do this."
"Yes you can."
The boy stood up slowly and looked at the man again. He was still holding out his hand, beckoning for him to follow. The boy stared at the man for a moment, backed up, and ran towards the gap. As soon as his feet left the ground, he knew he wasn't going to make it.
Then he felt a strong hand holding his. He looked up, and the man was smiling at him. He felt himself being pulled to the ground.
"I did it. You were right."
"Yes, you did. But never forget who helped you. Don't be afraid to call on me. I'm always there for you. You don't have to face challenges alone."
The boy, now a young man, stood facing this impossible gap. He knew that even after he made it over this, there would be more challenges as he grew stronger. He took a deep breath.
"Help me," he whispered.
Then he jumped.




No comments: