Copyright

Everything on this blog is property of its' respective owner. Please don't copy without permission.

I'm currently working on memorizing Romans. Join me at Memverse.com.

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Book Review -- The Dragons of Chiril

The Dragons of Chiril by Donita K. Paul: Book Cover
Tipper has had to sell things from their home, and her father’s artwork, to support herself and her mother after her father’s disappearance. Three of the statues were carved from a single piece of stone, and were made to fit together. After her father shows up again, she learns that the three statues were a foundation for a gateway to the other side of the world. Without the stones to anchor the gateway, her father will periodically disappear and reappear, and eventually disappear altogether. To fix this, Tipper sets out with her father, a giant parrot named Beccaroon, an artist, a wizard, and a few others to find the statues and reunite them.

I had trouble with some of the names at times, especially the difference races. It was nearly impossible to remember what each race was like, with names like “emerlindian”, “tumanhofers”, and “kimens”. I also had no idea how old Tipper was throughout half the book, and I was surprised when I finally found that she was 22, because she always seemed much younger.
The most annoying part of the book for me was the fact that you hear constantly how handsome and charming and well-dressed Prince Jayrus is, and how taken Tipper was with him. At one point I think I actually said something aloud about how I was sick of hearing about him so much.

Overall, I wasn’t very impressed with The Dragons of Chiril, and there are other better-written and more interesting books out there to read.

I received this book for free from the publisher for its review. I was not required to write a positive review.

120 x 60

This review has also been posted at Into The Book.

No comments: