Copyright

Everything on this blog is property of its' respective owner. Please don't copy without permission.

I'm currently working on memorizing Romans. Join me at Memverse.com.

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Since I have been reading so many books, and reviewing some of them (and rating most of them on Goodreads.com as I keep track of them), it makes me think. What criteria should I judge a book on? Simply how much I enjoyed the story and/or the characters? Or should I go by content as well. How much does the moral of the story (or lack thereof) affect my opinion?
Is is wrong to give Harry Potter and Eragon 5 stars, despite the magic in them and the fact I don't agree with it? Yes, I've read some of them, and yes I will post about them when I finish one of the series. (what's the plural of "series" anyway?)

I find that I am almost more lenient about secular books than Christian books. I overlook the occasional mild swearing, and the use of magic (not that I'm saying any of it is okay... I just figure people don't know better). But I would be picky about such things in a Christian book. Is it because I expect more from Christian books?

I had intended this to be a longer post, but I think I'll leave it as this. Maybe it'll give me room for another post later this week or thereabouts.

Here you go, a hundred questions that I probably don't have an answer to myself. You're welcome.

No comments: