Copyright

Everything on this blog is property of its' respective owner. Please don't copy without permission.

I'm currently working on memorizing Romans. Join me at Memverse.com.

Friday, July 8, 2011

One thing I love about life, no matter how annoying it gets, is that there's always new things to learn. Ignore the fact that I now sound like I'm talking about a 2-year-old.
Yeah. I'm in highschool. Obviously I'm still learning things academically. I still have the rest of highschool and all of college ahead of me. But other than that, there are all kinds of hobbies I've been exploring.
I enjoy crocheting (especially amigurumi :D), and I've started to learn to knit and sew this week. I read large amounts of books (I've read more than thirty books so far this year; several of them over 400 pages long). I play piano and guitar, write songs, and have a long list of instruments to learn eventually. I write, both fiction and nonfiction. I draw. I have an extensive list of things to learn (most of which I will probably forget about 50% of the time =P).

One thing that I've been eager to do this year is learn as much as possible from the Bible. I want to grow closer to God... to be more like Christ. I was thinking a few minutes ago, and it hit me. This isn't a spiritual high, like the feeling you have after camp or a youth conference. It's probably been nearly four months since it happened, and I still feel different. I came home from a friend's sleepover, and sat down in my chair. I was disgusted at some of the conversation I had heard the evening before. And it was then that I thought "I don't want to be like that." Romans 12:2 comes to mind now, where it says "Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is -- his good, pleasing, and perfect will."
My AWANA book was lying somewhere out of sight (I don't even remember where exactly), but I dug it out and sat back down. Actually, it was the book from the year before. I had had no desire to finish it; I had various reasons, but I hadn't finished it, or even used this year's book aside from in class. But somehow all my excuses suddenly seemed silly. I finished both books within a few weeks; they were done by the end of the year. And it didn't stop there. I've never been good at reading my Bible every day, and I still haven't managed to get in the habit, I will admit, but I did want to read it more often. I quit putting it off (for the most part; I'm still human and fail at times). I ask every week as church starts that God will show me something new, and He does. Even now, though I help in children's church so I'm not there for the message, I have Bible quiz to study, and I relish learning and memorizing more than usual. I've memorized chapter of Psalms just because.
I feel... changed. It may not be constant, but at the same time the feeling is always there. That something is different. It's beautiful. I love it.

No comments: