Copyright

Everything on this blog is property of its' respective owner. Please don't copy without permission.

I'm currently working on memorizing Romans. Join me at Memverse.com.

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

August 21, 2011. I posted on Twitter:



 Ashley 



Actually I said months ago on the Rebelution forums that I was going to. You see, it was a challenge someone posted. I thought "Hey, sounds fun!"
I've been doing AWANA since 3rd grade. (Yes, I am in high school. Yes, I still do AWANA. =P) I've memorized several verses over the years, finishing a book every year save 9th grade. It didn't sound too difficult. Yeah,  that's a ton of verses, but I was up to it.
I believe I even posted about it. February of last year. And how far did I get? Oh, about halfway through chapter ONE. Shameful, no? Yep, I fail.

I don't want this time to be like the last. This time I'm serious. I don't want to look back at this in a year and a half and wonder why I didn't do it. I don't want to have to ask myself why I couldn't step up and memorize some Scripture.
There's a difference this time, though. See that one word in that tweet? Nope, not "determined". I thought I was determined last time, but you see where that got me. A little bit of determination during a random spiritual high doesn't mean anything.
The word I mean is "prayerfully". See, that's the not-so-little detail that I left out last time.

I hope and PRAY. This time will be different.

No comments: